As of Parse Guidelines all of the databases across all of my apps that were relying on Parse.com have been migrated off it.
How to migrate
- Login to the Parse Dashboard
- Go to App Settings -> App Management
- Click on Migrate Database
It will ask you for the URL of your MongoDB instance.
The format for it is:
When you’re sure, press migrate. It will migrate all your data to your new database and give you a chance to review the changes. Make sure everything is correct before pressing “Finalize”. There is no going back.
After the migration has completed you can’t go back to a parse.com hosted database.
- For some reason, in certain cases, the migration wouldn’t work until I turned off SLL between the two MongoDB instances.
- For some reason, in certain cases, the migrations wouldn’t work until the 10th try.