Article Image
Article Image

I had an app rightfully rejected for using an advertiser identifier while I stated that I didn’t. I was sure I didn’t have ads and I don’t track users using the Identifier so there was something out of place. Luckily a simple “grep” I found out that a framework was using it and promptly removed it.

  1. Move from the terminal to the folder of the project.
  2. Run:

    grep -r ASIdentifierManager .
    grep -r AdSupport.framework .
    grep -r advertisingIdentifier .

Having the “.” at the end is important, don’t delete that! It tells the OS to start looking from the current folder.

Blog Logo

Valentino Urbano



Valentino Urbano

iOS Developer, Swift, Writer, Husband

Back to Overview